Happy// Pretty Patterned Paper Playground Series



Hello Scrappy Peeps!  Fall is in the air and Katty and I have another installment of our Pretty Patterned Paper Playground series.  We get inspiration from our mood board each month and this time it had burnt oranges, olive greens, dusty blues and rich golds.  Katty always does an excellent job with the mood board tiles.



Miguel and I recently went to a 90s R&B concert and this was a quick selfie I took of us.  For this layout I started off with the butterfly background die cut from the Silhoutte Design Store cut on a mid tone blue card stock from my stash.  It was difficult to get this off the cutting mat as you can imagine with all the detail cuts.



I also cut out the 3D butterflies from the Design Store as well.  I used an old Shimelle patterned paper from Star Shine collection.  The deep cinnamon tone orange worked well with our mood board.  These larger contrasting butterflies made the layout special.



I added detail with inexpensive acrylic pain to the butterflies and leaves.  I added orange and green sequins for added interest to my background.  Once that was done, I really did not need much for embellishments.  I choose a chunky gold thicker phrase from my stash for my simple title, 'Happy'.



My process video it on Katty's channel.  I've linked it below for your viewing pleasure.



0 comments:

Post a Comment