I Love Today// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout



I simply love mixed media for my scrapbook layouts.  There is something about making each page my own and this is one of those moments.  I love experimenting with different art supplies and applying new techniques to see if it works.  Another lovely picture of my sister and I during her vacation here in Florida.  We are not twins but we sure do look a lot alike.


MAMBI has folded wrapping paper booklets available at The Ink Road that I ripped into three stripes from different patterned papers.  I adhered them with collage medium from Ranger.  I painted the edges with light blue, mints, greens and some pink.



I then used heavy gloss gel through a Dylusion stencil for the flowers and applied loose glitter on top of the get before it dried.  This part may have been a little too much for the layout but hind sight is always 20/20.




The white flourishes are from Wilna's blog that I cut on white card stock.  I love the black phrase of the title to contrast against the busy layout.  The "I love today" is from Amy Tangerines, Better Together collection.  I added a flair from Feed Your Craft and finished my layout with black India ink.  My process video is below for you to view.


0 comments:

Post a Comment