So In Love// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello scrappy friends!  I had a quick photo shoot with my two doxies around Easter and scrapped the best ones.  If you are a fellow pet parent you know the struggle to get at least one good photo worth printing among the 30 that are taken while calling their names.  Since the photos had blues and purples, I used these same colors of the layout. 

I started off with these colors in a few acrylic paints from the Michael's, and with a small flat brush I applied painterly strokes all around the page and not caring if I changed colors and some blending occurred.   The end result of the background is beautiful.  

I have also been on a ribbon kick and have added more colors recently to my collection recently.  So with my new "working" and "melting" hot glue gun I applied a black and white ribbon, a white sheer one and a bright blue one.  I liked the vertical orientation of it, it evenly split the page in half for my two photos.  

I cut a few die cuts with my Silhouette Cameo and the one with words and doodles is from Wilna's shop.  The last of the ephemera used are from Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection.  I was able to do my journaling right on the photo of Kobe with a Zig Vellum writer.  I then matted my layout on a piece of black and white striped paper and that wrapped up my layout.  Here is the process video to watch.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment