Loveliness// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


I simply love colorful layouts.  I cannot help myself to add as many as possible.  For this layout I started out with a lovely cut file from the Silhouette Design Store.  Its called Roses Papercut lace 12x12 ID #67045 and I cut it on American Crafts white card stock.

My collection of mists are my favorite.  My newest to my collection are from Shimmerz Paints.  I have Sweet Heart and Cotton Candy mists.  I then added more pink with splatter of Fluorescent Pink from Daler and Rowney and I cannot forget my Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold.  All of these mists together, randomly achieved the look seen.  Once it was colored I matted it on a piece of paper that was apple green and it ombre to a bright blue.  I love the contrast of colors and it worked well with the photo I am scrapping.

I have been loving the latest bundle of cut files from Wilna Furstenberg's website.  These were made available in May and it was called May Flowers: A lesson on Grace.  The butterflies are all from Wilna's cut files.  I used hot glue to adhere them on top of simple white flower cut files for some contrast.  I kept the wings slightly bent to give a 3D look to the layout.

I am scrapping a lovely picture of my mom and sister at the Easter Day Parade in NYC this year.    The title "Loveliness" is from Pink Fresh Studio with silver glitter suited this layout perfectly.  I also added large bright pink splatters on top of all the butterflies.  I did my journaling in the back for this layout.  My process video is below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment