Young Wild Free// Kaiser Crafts

Hello crafty friends!  I have had the pleasure to play with new products from Kaiser Crafts because I am applying for their design team.  I submitted my layout you saw early last week.  But I could not just make one with all of these fantastic products, I have made 4.  So here are my honorable mentions.  
This layout began using the 'Feathers' stencil on a piece of 12x12 cork.  Its an element featured in the Boho Dreams collection.  I used modeling paste and colored it with Kaiser Mists in Denim and Peach.  While the modeling paste is still wet, I sprinkle teal and opal loose extra fine glitter and set aside to dry.  I did this process twice to have two large feather die cuts for this layout.  I slowly cut each one out.  When I was deciding on a composition, I added an additional feather to the top right corner with mist and glitter again.  I am loving this technique.  
I could not decide between two patterned pieces of paper so I used both.  The denim paper is called Free and the coral side is called Young.  I cut the denim one on an off diagonal and covered the seam with clear gesso from Liquidtex.  Gesso primed the paper for more mix media.  I used the Peach Kaiser Mist again and the 'packaging' technique to randomly apply more color.  I also added white splatters with the White Kaiser mist.  
I wanted more ephemera elements, so I cut a few tags out from other patterned papers from the collections with some twine from my stash.  My title and tiny word stickers are from the 12x12 sticker sheets from the collection kit.   I finished off the layout with a bicycle wood veneer from Studio Calico.
I have linked my process video below so that you can view my layout come together.  
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment