Whatever// Pretty Patterned Paper Playground

Welcome back to Katty and my series with Pretty Patterned Paper Playground.  We are having so much fun scrapping together for this series since we both live in South Florida together.  Our challenge this month is to use negative space, aka, leave white showing.  If you know me and my style you know this never happens.   I cover my layouts with color.  I was up for the challenge this month though.  I think for my first attempt at negative space I did do pretty well.  I see plenty of white space left untouched.  
I began with my mix media and used Distress stains in Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio and Shimmerz mists in Cotton Candy and Sweet Heart.    I went through my collection of 6x6 paper pads and pulled anything that had pink, purple or teal.  I cut them all up into random sizes and just started layering them up under my photo.  This part took the longest amount of time.  
I added tangled thread in the same colors and then a few black and white Mambi chipboard stickers for some contrast.  The flair is from an old Clique kits.  The tiny word stickers are from Tim Holtz small chatter booklets and the 'Whatever' title is from the Documentary collection by Dear Lizzy.  
I have attached my process video for your viewing pleasure.  

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment