Hello// The Crafty Maven Getaway

Hello scrappy friends!  I am on Scrap Lift Saturday for the Crafty Maven Getaway.  I came across this wonderful layout by Paige Evans on Instagram and thought it was worthy to scrap lift.  It reminded me of my lift from Missy except using hearts instead of circles.  So I thought I would give it a whirl.  
I cut all the hearts our first on my Cameo.  Once they were off the cutting mat I counted out 40.  That is the number needed to re create this layout.  Then using this weeks mood board, I painted them randomly with a few different sized paint brushes.  I let this layer dry before adding the gold splatters.  
I added black outlines, dots and doodles on some of the hearts for an added details.  Now I did try to add these multi colored hearts to a white piece of card stock and embrace the negative space but, I just thought it was so plain to me.  I did not like all the negative space so with the left over paint used to brush the hearts I added to the background.  What can I say, I love color.  
I have attached my process video so that you may watch the process.  
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment