Beautiful Smiles// Pretty Patterned Paper Playground/ Scrap lift Challenge

The Pretty Patterned Paper Playground is a series Katty Miranda and I have started together.  We live an hour apart from each other so we like to get together and scrap.  We made a Facebook group for everyone to come and share their work.  For this layout we wanted to scrap lift the lovely Missy Whiden on YouTube.  This technique was fun and easy to do for a "control" mixed media effect.  This technique is wonderful for those scrappers just starting out in mixed media.  This was Missy's layout.

She did this layout a while ago on her channel.  She, and I, started out with a scrap piece of card stock and randomly started adding mists, splatters, inks and paints.  The randomness lets you achieve color blending and effects that cannot be achieved without intuitive nature of this technique.  I let layers dry before adding more on top.  I even went in with stamps with stitching effects and music notes for added interest to the paper.  When this scrap of paper with all your colors was dried, simply use a circle punch and cut it up.  To me, the paper resembled the galaxy with stars.



I arranged them in the exact same way as she did.  I added strips of patterned paper to the side of the layout like book ends.  I added black round dies from an old Heidi Swapp collection in my stash with some pop dots.  The Tim Holtz conversation tiny word stickers were also added from my stash.  
I scrapped a picture I took with my mom when she came over to my coast of Florida and had tickets to see Kinky Boots.  At the event, they had a step and repeat carpet area and was able to take a selfie with my mom.  It is a lovely memory to hold onto.  Here is my process video so that you can watch this technique being done.  Hope you enjoy.
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment