Summer Sunsets// The Ink Road

Hello crafty friends! I have a colorful summer themed layout today for The Ink Road DT.  I am playing with the Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection available on the website for purchase.  I am scrapping a few photos taken during a sunset in Sarasota during my sisters visit from NY.  My sister, my mom and me are in one and my sister's fiancé and my fiancé are in the other picture.  



I was thinking of a way to showcase all the pretty patterned papers featured in this collection and this basket weave came to mind.   I did this technique once a long time ago and wanted to recreate it with this collection.  Having the weaving element go in a diagonal was a way to change it up.  So I started by cutting up multiple stripes of paper in different width from many papers in the collection.  I then began to arrange them in a weaving pattern.  
I began by adhering the centers of the horizontal row leaving the ends loose.  It made the process of interlocking the rest at each end easier.  When I was happy with the weave I applied Scotch quick dry glue with a Finalizer to secure its position.  
Most Simple Stories Collection kits come with two 12x12 stickers sheets, one with an array of stickers and the other with alphas.  I used a combination for my title and little added extras around the photos.  Since the interlocking papers were the main element for this layout, I did not want to add too many embellishments.  I added a little bit of journalling to finish off the layout.  
If you would like to make a purchase at TheInkRoad.com, use "Evi10" at checkout for a discount.  
I have provided my process video below for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment