Pretty Patterned Paper Playground// Beautiful Smiles

Hello lovely ladies of scrapbook land!  Katty and I have our second episode of Pretty Patterned Paper Playground for you today.  For our challenge this week, we wanted to scrap-lift a lovely Missy Whidden layout. It was a great layout to do "controlled" mix media".  I would encourage anyone who want to try mix media out, to begin like this.  I started off with two random scrap pieces of paper that I primed with white gesso.  I then went randomly in with mists galore; layer upon layer.  I did one with all the pinks, reds and oranges and the other with the blues and greens.  

Of course no mix media is complete without some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold.  I then used a 1.5" circle punch and randomly laid them out with 4 rows of 7 circles.  So I made sure I had 14 of the pink ones and 14 of the green ones.  For this portion I am a stickler for, even parts.  
I am scrapping a recent picture of my mother and I at a Broadway musical "Kinky Boots" that came to Fort Lauderdale.  It was a great show and of course I bought along my selfie stick for a moment like this.  The title "beautiful" is from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection sticker sheet and the other letters are from my stash.  
I added a few black circle stickers from a MAMBI sticker sheet and Heidi Swapp.  I am loving the tiny word stickers from Tim Holtz as well.   Missy is a true inspiration and in her layout as well she did her journaling along the left vertical side which is a nice detail.  Missy also stitched through her circles with black thread.  I do not have a sewing machine but I do have clear stamps that have a stitching design to them, so I stamped stitches with Black Staz-on ink on my circles.  I always like adding black ink splatters at the end of my design.  
We took over each others YouTube channel, so my video is linked above on her channel and her version is on my channel.  Please watch both if you have the time.  I hope you enjoy the challenge and join us on our Facebook group: Pretty Patterned Paper Playground.  

Thank you,
Evi

1 comment:

  1. I express my gratitude to the writer and the website for uncovering vital information.
    shed playhouse windows

    ReplyDelete