Little Me/ Mix Media Scrapbook Layout

Hello lovely ladies!  My mom recently found some pictures of me as a tiny person.  I think I look about 2 or 3 in this picture, trying to pick up a small dog.  I love this picture so much.  I am such a dog lover and it started when I was a kid.  I also love that my rather large forehead existed even then.  If you did not know, I'm self conscious about my forehead.  I have been so inspired, recently, by the wonderful Wilna so much recently and wanted to try using a new technique.  She demoed this technique in one of her layouts in February.  
I started with a large scrap piece of patterned paper with the musical notes from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection called Dreamy.  The musical notes are on a cream colored background which, to me, makes it have a vintage feel.  I then used a Prima marketing stencil called Fading Floral and heavy gloss gel through the stencil.  I used the gel as if it was modeling paste and while it was wet, I added gold glitter on top of the scrap piece of paper only. The look is completely stunning.  I let the rest dry, and for the record it does take awhile. The gloss drys to a shiny finish and it was gorgeous like that but I wanted to add a light pink watercolor wash to the top and bottom aspects where the stencils lies.  It is just beautiful.  
I have Heidi Swapps Sugar Chick paper pad in my stash and used 4-5 patterened papers to make tags for this layout.  I used weathered wood Distress ink along the edges to have the tags pop a bit more from the background.  I also added gold and a sheer cream ribbon in my stash for more detail.  
The flourish is from Wilna Furstenberg online store.  She makes these beautiful flourishes and this one looked great with this layout.  I added a few chipboard pieces from the Hello Love collection.  I did my journaling right on the photo with a Zig Vellum Writer.  I did not add any black ink splatters to this layout. I kept it light and mounted it on a blush colored piece of card stock from my stash.  Here is the process video for your viewing pleasure. 

Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment