Big Birthday Boy/ Mixed Media Scrapbook layout

Hello lovely creatives!  I have a fun monochromatic layout with wonderful birthday pictures of my nephew.  I took like 10 pictures of him blowing out his candles and collaged these 4 to tell the story.  He was loving the Jurassic Park cake with a dinosaur on it.  He had to blow his candles with like 4 big breaths and got them all and then my sister in law rubbed icing from the cake on his nose.  He is so stinking cute, I cannot handle it.  Shortly afterwards we enjoyed some yummy cake and ice cream.  
I used a butterfly die from a Tim Holtz set.  I used my trusty Cuddle bug over and over and over again to get all my butterflies.  I used the Maggie Holmes Shine collection and choose papers in the same color family.  I was even able to use a 'mess' us background sheet I have saved for a few with added interest.  The background paper is from the Memorandum collection by Pink Paislee.  
I have been on a unusual diagonal kick with my last 3 layouts.  I enjoyed the way they looked in flight in a diagonal.  I then proceeded to add more interest to the layout with adding light blue shimmer paste, by Heidi Swapp and a Donna Downey Stencil called Alpha rerun, along the edge of the layout.  I thought it was perfect for a youth inspired layout.  
After that, I kept it simple with Navy Color Shine splatter and some light journaling.  The few pops of color are from the chip board sticker pack from Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy collection.  Thank you as always for stopping by and I have provided the process video below for you.  


Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment