Adorable// The Crafty Maven Getaway

Hello lovely ladies!! This is my first layout for the Crafty Maven Getaway and I am super thrilled to be apart of a dynamic group of talented and creative women.  I am scrapping a photo that I quicker took while my little Zoe looked up into the light from her nap.  The light hit her perfectly in the face and immediately went to print it.  
We were given a mood board for the vision of where our project can be inspired from.  The vivid rich blues, navy and beiges are dominant and wanted to someone incorporate these colors in my layout.  I do not work usually with browns in my layouts but I was ok with the beige element.  So I started off working on a kraft patterened paper called Monroe from the Rise and Shine collection by Amy Tangerine.  It also had a small tiny triangle doodle in the paper which picked up the light doodle marks on the tea cups in the mood board.  


I then started with a 1" flat paint brush and used craft acyclic paint and did large brush strokes across the whole page.  I mixed real navy, admiral blue, english navy, carolina blue, baby blue and mediterranean blue randomly in my strokes.  The overall initial outcome was beautiful, but I thought it was a bit much to be the entire background.  So, the layers of other patterned papers entered in the beige family with a lovely large polka dot and one with gold foiled hash marks.  
I also played around with cut files from the silhouette design store.  So the bone shape, the "ruff" word, the paw print and the infinite sign with the paw print were cut and sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color shine. They were just a few embellishments that I wanted to add to my Zoe layout.  The rest of the bit and pieces are from my stash from different collections.  The paw print flair button is from a Feed Your Craft on Etsy.  
In order to add a few more of the bold vivid blue paint strokes I added a few pieces along the edges to bring the blue to other areas of the page.  I finished off the layout with beige sequins in sets of three in a few places and navy Color Shine.  Here is the process video on the Crafty Maven to watch how this layout came together.

Thank you,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment