The Sweet Life// Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout


Hello beauties!!  Have you been able to play with the Maggie Holmes Shine collection yet?  You need too.  This collection is gorgeous and am a bit of a hoarder with my supplies.  I actually have 3 sheets of the sticker collection and ephemera packs in fear of running out.  Do not judge me.  Lol.  The photos are from a few weeks ago done in the park with my precious fur babies.  I printed the center one in full color and the other two in black and white, so they did not compete with the layout.  The focal point is the center.  The background paper is named Darling and it was my starting point.  I matted my photos first on the bright numbers paper called Momento and then on the green and white striped one called Charming.   

I love love love the acetate sheet with the rows of gold glittered hearts and will continue to just use stripes of this until its all gone.  The bows are punched out of a 12x12 sheet of paper called Charming.  The opposite side was also used every other circle punch.  The embellishments in the top right corner are from the ephemera pack in the collection. 

For the mixed media aspect of the page.  I added white gesso with my fingers around the perimeter of the photos and behind the circle cluster I was making.  Once the gesso dried with my finger, I added Viva Decor Inka gold gloss paint to it in a random fashion.  I just made sure it would pop out around the photos and behind the circle cluster.  I finished off the layout with the chunky gold glitter phrase thicker from the collection along with gold ink splatters. 

I have included my process video for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment