Beautiful Together: Mixed Media Layout


Hello crafty friends.  Thank you for stopping by for my mixed media scrapbook layout.  I am using the beautiful Maggie Holmes Shine collection.  I started out using my Cameo to cut the 2 floral pieces on American Crafts white card stock (Silhouette store Design ID #75808). I wanted to color them in with various shades of pink mists from my collection.  I reached for my Dylusions Ink Spray in Bubblegum pink, Heidi Swapp color shine in Pink and Coral, Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in Hottie Patottie Hot Pink, Magnolia Magenta gold and Raspberry Lemonade.  The colors blended beautifully together.  For the leaves, Distress Stain in Cracked Pistachio was used. 

The patterned paper is called Darling from the Shine collection.  It has a gray brushed floral design, which is simply gorgeous. The pattern was busy behind my cut files, so I added white gesso to mute the background where the dies would lay.  This worked perfectly.  

I used the ephemera pack, the phrase thickers and the dies from the collection.   The Maggie Holmes Shine dies are the mosaic heart, diamond and star are the shapes in the set.  I used the chunky gold phrase thickers for my title 'beautiful together'.  A funny story about the photo... we were arriving for a baby shower in the middle of farm land.  Parked the car off the paved road on grass and dirt.  I got out the passenger side and let me sister out of the backseat, shut the door and used the reflection of the window to apply lip gloss before we went in.  In that amount of time, I had 100s of ants all over my wedge handle and up my ankles.  I was standing in the middle of a use ant hill and was literally attacked by ants.  I screamed and ran, swatting the ants off my feet.  In the most dramatic fashion I threw my sandals.  I swatted away ants for like 5 minutes.  I was covered in ant bites all over my feet.  I wore old flip flops from the trunk of my mom's car in the photo and into the baby shower.  I must have lasted an hour before we had to go because my feet were both swollen and throbbing.  But, I smiled for this quick photo with my two favorite people in the world next to my fiancé.  My feet still have ant bite marks.  lol.
Thank you for stopping by and I've linked my process video below so you can see this layout come together.  

EVI

0 comments:

Post a Comment