2 Fur Babies


Hello scrappy friends.  I am still loving the We r Memory Keepers 'Wildflower' collection.  I have completed a few layouts featuring this jewel toned collection on my YT channel as well as here.  This collection has these vibrant deep jewel tones that I simply love.  I made sure to print my photo in black and white so that it did not compete with the layout.  I started out with cutting the navy floral patterned Sketchbook and altering it over Botanical with its beautiful painterly stripes.  I knew where I wanted to place my photo so I added white gesso to the area.  Gesso is used to prime the paper for another medium to use.  In this case I went in in Distress Paint in Tarnished Brass and colored shimmered mists from Heidi Swapp Peacock and Tattered Angels.
I used the packaging techinque to apply the mists and paints to get this lovely watercolor effect.  The colors blended with each other beautifully.  The detail appearance of these colors peeking out from behind the cluster of embellishments is fantastic.  The embellishment are from the ephemera pack of the collection.  The photo is matted with scraps from the collection as well as tissue paper for added texture.  


It was a fun photo to use.  My face gets blocked trying to take a few selfies with both my dogs.  The bits of ephemera are also from the collection.  I have been loving adding tangled thread underneath the photo or threaded around flair button on my layouts.  I just like to add more interest to each page.  
Some light journaling is added and the title is the Desktop font by Dear Lizzy.  I finished off the layout with more splatters in Peacock from Heidi Swapp.  I have filmed a process video on the layout.  

Thank you for stopping by,
EVI



0 comments:

Post a Comment