Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Love, Smile & Laugh

The colors in the Documentary are grey, creams, magenta, teal, yellow and a wine red.  They are beautiful together.  I have enjoyed working with this collection documenting my trip to NYC to see my sister with my mom.  We had such a fun girls weekend.    The background paper I started with is called Party Animal and I applied white gesso to it in order to tone down the pattern and to be able to add mixed media to it.  I used the ever so popular "packaging technique" to apply the gelatos (passion fruit, bubblegum pink, lavender and cherry red) and my Lindy Stamp gang mists in Magnolia Magenta Gold and Hottie Patottie Hot Pink.    
I went a little cray cray on the gelato mixed media part.  I think I covered the entire page.  The die cuts are from the collection's pack.  I just love the florals and the tiny little bird.  I always save the branding stripes at the bottom of patterned papers to use on layouts.  The bottom two stripes are exactly that; branding strips.  
The words 'love, smile and laugh' are dies from Hobby Lobby.  I used black card stock and my cuddle bug to cut them.  The words truly pop from the background.  I have linked my process video below for your viewing pleasure.  Thank you as always for stopping by. 

Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment