December Daily 2015: Album Cover


December Daily is a popular month long project that Ali Edwards created.  She has main streamed the idea into our scrapbooking community.  This is my first year participating in the project and I am truly excited.  I did not want to purchase a pre-made kit.  I wanted to put my own kit together with products I knew I would love and want to use.  I hardly buy themed scrapbook collections, so I had minimal "Christmas" items in my stash.  Most of my products have been purchased over the past few months.  I will be documenting my journey through the month of December.  I encourage you to subscribe and join the festive fun.
I started out with a 6x8 Project Life album I had purchased a few months ago on clearance from Michael's.  Its a classic black leather.  I thought it would work perfect to have my embellishments stand out against it.  The large snowflake and two small wood veneers was also from Michael's recently purchased that I heat embossed with gold tinsel and Glitz from Recollections.  The medium sized snowflake was purchased at Target in their dollar section recently, and it was in a 6 pack.  All four snowflakes are gorgeous and glittery in person and reflective in the light.  
I wanted the cover to resemble a wrapped gift.  So I added three different ribbons to achieve this look.  The solid sparkle ribbons are from Dollar Tree recently and the shiny red and green plaid was also picked up from Michael's recently.  The ribbons as well as the snowflakes were adhered with my hot glue gun.  Take your time and do zig zag application of the glue for a flatter appearance with the ribbon.  I learned this the hard way.  I wrapped the ribbons into the inside and fish tailed the plaid ribbon for a cleaner look inside the album.  I will be filling my album with 6x8 pocket pages as well as patterned holiday card stock to capture all my December memories.  I am so excited to do this project this year.  I hope I am as successful as others in completing it in the allotted time frame.  

I have provided my process video below for your viewing pleasure.  Stay tuned for upcoming videos for my December Daily like my homemade kit, prep, title page and weekly process videos.  Thank you for stopping by.
EVI


0 comments:

Post a Comment