Project Life: New York Pages

OMG, is it possible to love your own layouts too much?  I cannot get over how well this four layouts in my Project Life album turned out.  I recently had a long weekend away to NYC to see my sister, brothers, and friends and I have be scrapping 12x12 layouts with them, but for a majority of the pictures I wanted to keep in my pocket pages.  So that is exactly what I did.  Now don't get me wrong, I took hundreds of photos but I printed these.  I bet I could have made a mini album with the amount of pictures I took.  So a majority of supplies used were from my Studio Calico Project Life Subscription kits and embellishments from my stash.  So with the page above I started with my plane tickets to and from NY as my title card.  I also managed to get a 6x8 sticker sheet of NYC themed embellishments to jazz up some of my cards.  The sequins used are from my stash.  I used the Moldiv app on my phone to add the white texts on two of the photos.  It also allows me to join two pictures as a 3x4 and print on a 4x6 photo paper.  So that is a go to app.  The stickers used on the 4x6 photos are from my stash as well.  These pictures were all taken on Friday, my first day there. 
I was happy with the layout because I split my day between two events.  A daytime BBQ with my brothers and four nephews and a nighttime preseason football game with my mom and sister.  It worked out perfectly to split the pocket page down the middle to capture these two events.  The title card is from SC and then the family pics below.  I used Kelly Purkey stamps with Staz-on black ink on the bottom photos and then Ali Edwards stamps on the football photos.  The bright red and blue card I made using the actual parking pass to the game, it already had the date, time and opponent on it, and the red PL card is the packaging to an old Studio Calico kit.  That card worked out perfectly.  Love it because it is all the NY Giants team colors.  Yay!  I will always have a fondness for the NY Giants since I am from there and it was the first football team I followed growing up.  These pictures were all taken on Saturday, my second day there.  

These next two layouts were all from Sunday, the day I conquered NYC by Subway with my mom and sister.  We literally spent the entire day, 9 am to 9 pm in the city doing a little bit of everything.  The two project life cards are from SC once again and I used the NYC themed stickers for embellishments on each of them with some journaling.  The white tiny word stickers are also from a SC kit.  On this day we started off walking Highline near Chelsea piers and going all the way downtown to view the 9/11 memorial and the new World Trade Center building.  The new building stands beautifully tall and appears to be made of mirror windows all the way up.  Its modern and impressive at the same time. The memorial is an amazing site to see.  There are two large scale infinite fountains made in remembrance of that tragic day. The perimeter of both are inscribed with the names of all our nations loved ones that we lost.  Its peaceful there.  Its respectful there.  No one is speaking loud, everyone is behaving, there is no commotion.  Its like to enter a quite zone, which i appreciated.  There are rules on how to conduct ones self and everyone follow them.  My mom and I got a little teary eyed as one does when you think back to that day.  Everyone does at some degree I imagine.  
Our day proceeded with a matinee broadway play of Matilda.  I remember reading this story has a child.  It was a musical and it was done very well.  I kept our tickets for my title card again and used my mini attacher to fan them onto the PL card from SC.  The two embellishment stickers are still from the 6x8 themed sticker sheet.  I have recently loved taking feet/shoe pictures and here we are are over the subway grates.  My journaling card is from SC again and the other filler card is the actual business card of the french pastry store we purchased fancy macaroons at and the gold Ferrara sticker is from an Italian bakery we purchased eclairs, canal and napoleons from.  We went to SoHo for these two "must have" stops on our day.  I have such a sweet tooth, that plate of pastries did not last long.  Time square pictures are a must as well as the "Selfie" stick I purchased in the city too.  I left NY the following day but not after some shopping with my mom.  Surprisingly, I did not take one picture of our shopping extravaganza.  It was the perfect amount of time to spend with my family before the bickering commenced.  I love these layouts.  Thank you once again for stopping by and I've linked my process video below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment