Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Collaboration with ModernWhit



I lovely Whitney from ModernWhit on YouTube as partnered with me for a scrappy collaboration.  We wanted to challenge ourselves with the use of mixed media and more than 1 photo on a layout.  For some further inspiration with also choose a mood board from Pinterest.  We loved this one with the navy, orange, plums, magenta and pinks.  She will do her spin on our challenge on her channel so please stop by and check her out.  The picture I am scrapping is from my recent trip to NYC to see my sister, brothers and nephews.  I actually got my mother to a Giants/Jets preseason football game with my sister and her boyfriend.  We had a great time and wanted to document these memories.  

I started off with the black and white dolka dot paper from Seven Papers 001 from the Amelia collection.  Due to the circles, I added the Mod Spiral Stencil from TCW.  I used 4 different paint colors and my Ranger Blending Tool for the stenciling; Fuchsia, Real Navy and Admiral blue from Apple Barrel and Dylusion crushed grape paint.  Each of them blending easily using the Ranger tool.  Once that dried I wanted to add a pop of orange.  

To create this effect, I added neon orange Apple Barrel paint to modeling paste for added texture to the layout.  The stencil is from Heidi Swapp at Michael's.  I only wanted to add a sprinkle of orange or I choose different spots around the layout.  The script word "seriously" is from my stash and its from Heidi Swapp and I heat embossed it with neon orange embossing powder from Recollections.  My Little B alpha dies were used on purple cardstock through my cuddle bug for the word "Awesome".  
The overall look of the layout is bold and colorful which are two things I always strive for.  I provided my process video for this layout down below.  Please stop over to Modern Whitneys channel and watch her video as well. 
EVI

0 comments:

Post a Comment