Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Our Love


Its football season!!! And what better way to celebrate than to scrap preseason and opening day photos of me and Miguel and our dog, Zoe.  Yes, I am that dog mom who puts her dog into football jerseys.  Miguel is the extreme football fan and I am his little pupil.  I am once again using the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection.  I have been able to do plenty family and friend layouts in addition to two sports themed pages.  Thats when you know the collection is great, to use it so diversely.  I started out this layout with the Happy Happy patterned paper and used clear gesso.  

I pulled in the Miami Dolphin colors by adding pumpkin orange and aqua acrylic paint from Apple Barrel.  I used my Dina Wakley Mixed media brushes to apply the paint and wanted to see the brush strokes.  And I continues to add splatters with my inexpensive watercolor set from Michael's.  
I have never scrapped a layout with four photos before.  This layout worked because I used one 4x6, one 3x4 and 2 3x2 photos in a grid like arrangement.  I matted the dog photos on matching 6x6 patterned papers from the collection and tight matted the others with black card stock   I proceeded to then matte them with torn edged copy paper.  I did multiple layers for this part.  After I adhere the photos down, I added more watercolor splatters for the edge.  I did have to protect my photos when doing this part, because splatter technique is random and can get all over your photos.  
I kept the embellishments to a minimum due to the amount of photos I used.  I simply added the phrase thicker from the collection in "our fav" with a black heart.  
I have linked my process video for your viewing pleasure.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  

SUPPLIES USED:

0 comments:

Post a Comment