Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Me & my Crew


The new Dear Lizzy collection is very diverse in my eyes.  Here I am taking her whimsical feminine collection and using the bold black and white pattern paper to use for a sports page.  Part of my trip to NY included a NY Giants vs. NY Jets football preseason game.  It was made more special and an event worth scrapping because of tennis loving mother wanted to go with us.  My mom does not understand football at all.  But she simply wanted to be with me and my sister full time, so she put on a Giants T shirt and came with.  Bless her little heart she made it through three of the four quarters before we left.  
I started with using the Love This patterned paper and wanted to use the true team colors of royal blue, red and gray.  
I used black card stock in used the rule of thirds for the stripes.  I mixed modeling paste and cobalt blue acrylic paint along with the new Dina Wakley Arrows stencil.  I mixed a second batch of modeling paste and bright red acrylic paint to add the additional color.  My stenciling managed to get all smeared this time.  Thats the creative process this time around.  
I added the splatters with my inexpensive watercolor set from Michael's in red and blue to the layout after it was dried.  The die cuts are from the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection along with the phrase sticker in "my crew".  I used my cuttle bug and the Little B Monogram dies to cut our "me" for my title.  
The large wood veneers are from the Heidi Swapp Memory Planner collection.  These were in my stash and I painted them gold for this layout.  I added glitter punched stars to the layout and scraps of gold foiled acetate left over from the Journeys collection by Crate Paper.  A fun sporty layout with the Dear Lizzy Collection.  I have linked my process video for your enjoyment below.  

SUPPLIES USED:



0 comments:

Post a Comment