GD for Studio 6 Creations: Let's get Together

Hello scrappy friends.   I have been invited to be a guest designer for the Studio 6 Creations team.  Studio 6 is a group of wonderful women who all scrapbook, art journal, mixed media and planner related projects.  I have provided their Facebook group page for your viewing.  I follow each YouTuber individually and they formed a design team, which is simply wonderful.  So they recently invite me for their September challenge and I was thrilled to join.  I felt the mood board was a soft, rustic vibe. 
Into my stash I dove to find patterned papers that would work well with this mood board.  I came across the Kaiser Kraft Blue Bay Collection in my stash and it was perfect.  The background paper is called Sapphire and the cut up is Blue Sky, with the rustic painted doors for my layering.  The background paper looks like peeling white paint, which I thought was perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.  The patterned paper with the door was intense to use on its own, so I had an idea to cut them all up.  And this worked out fabulously. 
I wanted to tone down the dark browns and greens in the doors just a bit, I was going to add white paint, but instead I used pearl white which is more transparent and shimmery simultaneously.  So I added a thin layer all over the doors.  I then added mint green paint around the boarder with soft edges.  I added the white paint splatters with my Dylusion's ink sprays in White Linen.  It is opaque enough is be seen over top the layers patterned papers as well as the worn paint look of the background.  I proceeded to add pink splatter marks with watercolors.  The vellum die cut with 'lets get together' was from the Maggie Holmes Confetti line. 
 
 This was a nice challenge for myself since I usually work with tons of color.   It was pleasant to work with a softer palette.  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and here is the link to my process video on my YouTube channel.  If you would like to watch it in full screen, head on over to my YouTube Channel: Life with Evi.   
EVI

0 comments:

Post a Comment