Scrapbook Layout: Sunshine


Hello crafty friends.  Thank you for stopping by for another scrapbook layout using my August Clique Kit.  This kit has been fun to work with because it features the Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss collection.  This is my forth layout using this kit.  I used a few of the patterned papers in the collection for this layout including the speciality vellum sheet with the gold foiled pineapples.  This vellum is just so beautiful, I was tempted to hoard it but thought if I use it just right for a layout, it would be utilized well.  

For the first time in a long time i didn't use any mixed media for a layout.  This is so not like me recently.  I have always been able to add water coloring, stenciling, paint, stamps or something extra to a layout.  But this time, I went back to my classic paper only.  And I love that I did.  

The picture is of my sister on her summer vacation to Mexico with her boyfriend and a few friends.  She sent this picture to me and I downloaded it to scrap.  I thought their expressions were funny along with the pineapple drink with a fruit face.  I love the palm tree leaves in the background and thought this collection could do this great picture justice.  Meet my younger sister, Lianna and her boyfriend Jose.  

I tried to use the rule of thirds for this layout with the vellum sheet, Squeeze and Fancy patterned papers.  The die cuts, puffy stickers and tag are all from the Citrus Bliss collection.  The gold foil pineapple washi tape details are from Little B and the pineapple flair is exclusive to the Clique Kit.  

I filmed a process video for this layout on my channel on YouTube: Life with Evi or I have provided the video here: 
Thank you for stopping by,
Evi

0 comments:

Post a Comment